Moving? What to Do and Remember? (Part Two)
Last time on the Albuquerque Self Storage blog we began the seemingly monumental task of the moving prep check list. Starting two months out and going up to the one month cut off, we talked about the various things to keep in mind or address early on, such as putting together a moving folder and hiring movers. Now we find ourselves at T-minus one month til the moving date. Each day the movers are eking closer, are you ready to move everything you own from one shelter to another? Let’s go over the moving checklist to make sure you’re good to go.
One Month – Two Weeks Out
- Confirm with your work that you can get a day off to supervise if needed.
- Change address with banks and move accounts if needed.
- Pack all non essentials, anything you won’t be needing to get into over the next couple weeks.
- Ensure arrangements with the utility companies; you don’t want to spend any days in the dark.
- Confirm your moving date with the movers or volunteers you’ve looped in.
- Plan a cleaning day
One Week Out
- Finish packing! Some people suggest labeling each box with its contents, others to pack by room.
- Create an inventory if you choose, numbering your boxes, Whatever method will help you confirm you have everything following the move.
- Confirm, confirm, confirm! All plans for utilities, pets, childcare,
- Pack two specific boxes. Cleaning supplies and essentials. The supplies for the last cleaning you do before turning in keys, the essentials to make sure your first night or so in the new place goes swimmingly.
- Schedule the walk through of your current place, if needed.
Almost there? Absolutely. We’re so close you can almost smell that new, clean place! But there’s still the big day. Next time on the Albuquerque Self Storage blog we will go over that day – Moving Day and all the things to keep in mind as you uproot and replant yourself in a new place.
How Much Should Your Storage Unit Cost?
There are many reasons you might consider a self-storage option. You might need more space, or you might enjoy the ease a self-storage unit provides. Whatever your reason, and whatever the size of your storage [...]
If Abandoned Storage Units Could Talk
We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again: Here at Albuquerque Self Storage, we know storage. Specifically, we know storage units. It's what we do! And we pride ourselves on giving you the best [...]
Moving 101: How to Make Moving a Breeze
Moving. The one word that your best friend with a truck hates to hear. The word moving brings to mind too many less than pleasant adjectives. What if it could be different? What if moving [...]