Every home, apartment, tiny home, or loft needs space to sit and space to store those extra, easy-to-access items. And if you think about it, why not combine the two?
A storage sofa can be the right solution for any sized family. Whether you’re a family that consists of one human and two spunky dogs, or you’re giving Cheaper by the Dozen a run for its money, consider using a storage sofa to provide both function and design to your space.
Storage Sofa: Why You Should Consider it
Consider this: The living room is where many of us have fallen asleep, sat down for a bite to eat, or shared a movie night with family and friends. It’s also the room where it can be the most difficult to store and organize things.
Even if you have that extra closet right off the living room, it’s likely stuffed to capacity with things you either don’t need or have forgotten entirely.
So where do you store those extra blankets and pillows? Where do you store your child’s (or dog’s) toys? How can you easily stow away the games for game night where you don’t have to first sift through a closet full of winter coats?
Regardless of what you need to stow away, a storage sofa might be the solution you’re looking for. Not only does it provide function for your storage, but it also brings function to your space. Small areas specifically can benefit from a storage sofa, as you’re bringing a dual-function to your furniture without losing any more square footage of the room.
Storage Sofa: Function, Price, Ease
Before we dive in, it’s worth mentioning the criteria we looked for when finding the best storage sofas for your family.
- Function to the space
- Easy access to the storage
- Easy to clean
- Price range
In terms of price, we’ll offer low to high range options, but one aspect will remain certain: ease of access.If it’s not easy to access the storage section of your storage sofa, it won’t be used.
Likewise, we’ll offer a range from small to large sofas. And while the design is important to many of us, easy to clean is a key feature for all of us.
Not every space can fit a sectional sofa. Not to fret! Here’s a three-seater sofa that offers ample storage.
Price: $720-$840 (on sale)
- At only 87.01” long (a little over 7 feet), it offers plenty of seating without taking up too much space.
- Easy to access storage space under each cushion
- Removable seating and back cushions for ease to clean
- Polyester fabric is one of the easiest fabrics to clean
- Three color options
Your space is unique! Why not make your storage sofa a one of a kind, too?!
Brand: Pottery Barn
Price: Varies depending on how many pieces you purchase
- Provides the option to build your own sofa, choosing the number of seats and any extra components like a storage ottoman
- Ample storage beneath each seat
- There are many different options for fabric! Choose your color, material, and between the “greenguard” feature or “performance” feature depending on the needs of you family.
You may run up the price as you’re purchasing each section separately.
For bigger families, try the L-Shaped and U-Shaped storage sofas.
Price: L-Shape $1,259.99, U-Shape $1,399.99–$1,599.99
- Provides ample seating space for your friends and family
- There are plenty of options for size and shape of the sofa
- The reversible chaise lounge comes with storage
- Not as expensive as other sectionals
There’s not as much storage provided as the previous two couches. However, if you purchase the U-Shape Sofa Set, you’ll come away with additional storage and an ottoman.
Sofas that offer triple functionality might be right for you! This storge sofa from West Elm offers space to sit, sleep, and store.
Brand: West Elm
- A queen-sized mattress is stored away and at the ready
- The chaise lounger provides additional storage
- You can select from many different features including fabric color, type, and functionality (stain resistance, high durability, green guard).
Storage Sofas: Final Thoughts
A storage sofa may be the solution to your storage needs you’ve been searching for. Providing functionality, as well as design, a storage sofa helps you gain space in your home. When purchasing a storage sofa, consider how much storage it offers, access to the storage, ease of cleaning, and the price tag.
And of course, if you still need that extra storage away from home, come see us at Albuquerque Self Storage today!
Looking for other tips/tricks for home storage? Check out our other blogs!