DIY Storage Boxes
Cleaning and organizing your home is often seen as a dull, pointless task and it’s one that individuals commonly put off because they their time could be better spent doing something they actually enjoy. It’s a fair objection and one that most people won’t argue against. Although it is still a chore, per say, that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun while doing it.
The monotony of filing belongings and putting them in their respective places is a pretty boring. But, there is ways to make organization fun, all it takes is some art supplies, a couple of house items and some creativity. Sites like Pinterest and Tumblr are full of ideas on how toturn everyday items into storage/organizational devices.
Here are is a really cool idea to get you started:
The sky is the limit with this project all you need is a couple of boxes (i.e.; old shoe boxes, moving boxes, etc..), colored markers, scissors, ruler, glue (fabric glue works best), and some cool fabrics from your local hobby shop.
- The first thing you want to do is draw out how you want your box to to look. If your room is a certain theme or color scheme, just use those colors. Choose the color of the fabric you want displayed on the outside.
- The second step is to take the ruler and marker and measure how much fabric you’ll need to cover just the outside of the box. So, stop at the top edges of the box.
- Now, you want to grab your fabric and start cutting it with the markings you made in the previous step.
- Next, you’ll want to apply an even amount of glue on the outside of your box and carefully set the fabric on the surface of the box. Use the ruler to get out any wrinkles or bumps.
- The fifth step is repeating step 1-3 but for the inside of the box. A cool idea is to use a contrasting color to the fabric you used outside.
- This is the fun part, once your fabric has dried. You can add cool little details to make your new storage box unique. If you were going to use it to organize your bedroom’s trinkets and your bedroom is ocean-themed, you could glue little faux shells to the outside of the box or line it with nautical stickers and postcards from your favorite beaches.
How Much Should Your Storage Unit Cost?
There are many reasons you might consider a self-storage option. You might need more space, or you might enjoy the ease a self-storage unit provides. Whatever your reason, and whatever the size of your storage [...]
If Abandoned Storage Units Could Talk
We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again: Here at Albuquerque Self Storage, we know storage. Specifically, we know storage units. It's what we do! And we pride ourselves on giving you the best [...]
Moving 101: How to Make Moving a Breeze
Moving. The one word that your best friend with a truck hates to hear. The word moving brings to mind too many less than pleasant adjectives. What if it could be different? What if moving [...]